Manufacturing, Assembly, and R&D — Delivered Kawasaki’s first integrated unit in India.
Kawasaki is a global motorcycle manufacturing company known across the world for their performance bikes, daily commute vehicles, motors, energy and industrial equipment. Kawasaki has manufacturing plants across the world. India Kawasaki Motors Private Limited is a subsidiary of Kawasaki Motors Limited, Japan.
Kawasaki motors sought its first manufacturing plant in India at Chakan, Pune. They approached KSH INFRA with a requirement of 250,000 square feet for manufacturing, assembly, and warehousing for its R&D division.
The initial requirement was for a 125,000 sq. ft. space, but Kawasaki also wanted two independent office blocks, one each for manufacturing and R&D.
- KSH INFRA wanted two independent facilities totalling two 125,000 sq. ft. facilities. They were separated by a 15-metre internal road.
- They required a 500 KVA sub-station to meet their energy requirements and DG backup for their manufacturing division.
- They needed a canteen block, toilet blocks, production offices, QC labs, and R&D engine testing labs.
KSH INFRA integrated the two 125,000 sq. ft. facilities into one 250,000 sq. ft. facility with internal partitions separating the manufacturing, assembly, storage, and R&D divisions.
- KSH INFRA consultants obtained all the required permissions from MIDC for the operation.
- 6000 sq. ft. was allocated to the manufacturing division. The ground floor was used as a showroom area.
- The above-mentioned area was equipped with workstations, cabins, toilet blocks and conference rooms.
- Another 6000 square feet was converted into a corporate office for the R&D division.
- Temperature-controlled HVAC systems were installed in the production office, QC labs, and R&D facilities.
- 200 lux lighting was fitted within the warehouse in the manufacturing and assembly areas.
- 800 lux lighting was fitted in the QC labs.